Young Yu has a diverse litigation practice, with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation, contract disputes, business torts, and defense of consumer class actions.
As a litigator, Mr. Yu counsels and represents corporate and individual clients from pre-suit investigation through verdict in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and other forums of dispute resolution. Mr. Yu has extensive experience handling and resolving shareholder, partnership, and joint venture disputes, as well as advising clients on corporate governance issues and internal investigations. In addition, Mr. Yu has successfully defended professional service firms and licensed professionals against claims for malpractice, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
Before joining O’Toole Scrivo, Mr. Yu was a litigation associate at an Am Law 200 firm.
- Successfully defending one of the nation’s largest logistics companies in a whistleblower action alleging retaliation, breach of contract, and unfair trade practices.
- Securing final judgment for a client in a business divorce action following a two-year arbitration on valuation and damages.
- Successfully defending private companies, directors, officers, and REITs against class actions, RICO claims, and claims brought under federal and state consumer protection statutes.
- Assisting with the trial and defense of a leading food supplier in a breach of contract lawsuit in federal court.
- Successfully defending lawyers, firms, and other professionals in malpractice actions, physician disciplinary proceedings, and professional misconduct matters.
- Conducting internal investigations concerning allegations of corporate misconduct, diversion of corporate opportunity, fraud, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Advising global insurance company on recovery efforts relating to political risk and multi-buyer international trade credit claims.
- Pro bono matters include aiding a Mauritanian refugee to secure asylum in the U.S. after facing persecution due to sexual orientation.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars List in the area of Business Litigation, 2018-2021*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.
Fiduciaries & Court-Appointments
Law Firm Defense
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Rutgers Law School (J.D. 2013), Managing Editor, Rutgers Law Review, Moot Court Board
- The College of New Jersey (B.A. 2007)