Partner & General Counsel
TEL: (973) 239-5700 | FAX: (973) 239-3400 | firstname.lastname@example.org PDF | VCARD
James DiGiulio is a Partner in and General Counsel of O’Toole Scrivo.
Mr. DiGiulio represents corporations and individuals in high stakes matters in federal and state court, focusing on complex commercial, health care, corporate governance, and cannabis related matters.
As General Counsel, Mr. DiGiulio provides risk management and ethics guidance to the Firm’s attorneys and oversees general liability issues. He also utilizes this experience to defend attorneys and law firms against all manner of claims.
Mr. DiGiulio most recently served as Chief Counsel to Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey. As Chief Counsel, Mr. DiGiulio was responsible for leading the Governor’s legislative initiatives, supervising gubernatorial appointments, and managing all of New Jersey’s authorities.
Mr. DiGiulio previously served as Senior Counsel to Governor Christie. In that capacity, he advised the Governor on various legal, legislative, and regulatory issues, most prominently in the areas of health care, economic development, taxation, banking and insurance.
Prior to joining the Office of the Governor, Mr. DiGiulio was a litigation attorney at McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP, an Am Law200 firm.
Mr. DiGiulio received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Loyola University in Maryland, earned his Juris Doctorate degree, high honors, from Rutgers Law School, and received his Masters of Law (LL.M.) in Corporate and Securities Law, with merit, from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Honors & Awards
- Named one of New Jersey's "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2014-2015, 2019
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chairman, Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital Board of Trustees
- Chairman, Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee, Essex County Bar Association
- Trustee, Essex County Bar Association
- Member, NJ State Bar Association Legislative Committee
- “Is New Jersey the Next Colorado? Understanding New Jersey’s Developing Marijuana Laws,” Morris County Bar Association, October 2018
- “Legal Challenges in Multi-State Cannabis Markets,” San Francisco, Perrin Conferences, June 2019
- “The Ethical Issues with the Growing Trend of CBD and Marijuana Related Products in the F&B Industry,” Chicago, Perrin Conferences, October 2019
Fiduciaries & Court-Appointments
Trusts and Estates
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M. 2011, with merit)
- Rutgers Law School (J.D. 2006, high honors)
- Loyola University in Maryland (B.A. 2003)