Mr. Weiner’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation in the areas of product liability, construction, toxic tort, environmental and maritime law. With over 30 years of experience in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York, Mr. Weiner is a recognized and respected litigator who has tried over 100 cases to verdict, including many significant matters with millions of dollars in dispute. He is a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and is a former Director of Litigation with Home Insurance Company, where he had responsibility for management of the company’s litigation in the Northeast United States. Mr. Weiner is also experienced in professional liability matters, including representing lawyers, architects, and engineers.
Mr. Weiner is a former Assistant County Prosecutor and Acting Special Deputy Attorney General. During this time, he gained considerable trial experience in various areas of the law. He is also a retired Captain, U.S. Naval Reserve and holds an undergraduate degree in chemistry.
Mr. Weiner routinely speaks and writes on the areas of mass torts and class actions, and is a contributing author to the "New Jersey Mass Torts and Class Action Treatise" published by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Mr. Weiner's extensive legal experience provides the firm's clients with skilled and thoughtful representation, even in the most complex matters. Mr. Weiner has been approved for New Jersey certification as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney.
Mr. Weiner is proficient in Russian.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- US Naval Reserve Captain, Retired
- Member, Council on Litigation Management (CLM) and serves on the Product Liability Committee
Fiduciaries & Court-Appointments
Law Firm Defense
Toxic and Mass Tort
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
- William Paterson University (B.A. in Chemistry, with distinction)