Mr. O’Brien concentrates his practice in general liability defense and complex commercial litigation. He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Rutgers College and his law degree at Roger Williams University School of Law. He also holds a masters degree in taxation law from New York Law School.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. O’Brien managed the bankruptcy department of the New Jersey office of a mid-sized regional firm, representing banks and other creditors. His experience further includes working in regulatory compliance for a subsidiary of American International Group, handling insurance premium finance lending.
While in law school, Mr. O’Brien helped coordinate mock trials for high school and junior high school students for a local nonprofit. He also interned for the Rhode Island Office of the Attorney General and volunteered to assist low income taxpayers to file their returns through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Memberships & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Worrall F. Mountain American Inn of Court
Insurance & Reinsurance
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York Law School (L.L.M. in taxation)
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D.)
- Rutgers College (B.A.)