TEL: (973) 239-5700 | FAX: (973) 239-3400 | firstname.lastname@example.org PDF | VCARD
Mr. Gifford is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney. He has extensive experience in the areas of civil and commercial litigation throughout the tri-state area, having tried scores of civil matters to verdict, and focuses his practice on the defense of catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims involving premises liability, products liability, construction accidents, and trucking. Mr. Gifford also performs insurance fraud investigations, and has successfully defended clients at the trial and appellate court levels in cases involving the New York Labor Laws and the New Jersey Tort Claims Act.
Mr. Gifford graduated from Villanova University, cum laude, and from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he served on the Moot Court Board. He served as Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Peter A. Ciolino, A.J.S.C., and later served as an Assistant Bergen County Prosecutor, where he performed Grand Jury investigations, prosecuted hundreds of criminal matters, and tried multiple criminal cases to verdict.
Mr. Gifford was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey Office of Attorney Ethics to a four-year term on the District 2 Fee Arbitration Committee, recently serving as Committee Chair.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
Insurance & Reinsurance
Toxic and Mass Tort
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Seton Hall Law School (J.D. 1994)
- Villanova University (B.A., cum laude, 1991)