Nicole joined O'Toole Scrivo after serving as Senior Counsel to Governor Chris Christie. As Senior Counsel, Nicole advised the Governor on various legal, legislative, and regulatory issues in the areas of labor and civil service law, human services, children and families, and information technology. Nicole also represented the Governor during meetings with legislators, Cabinet members, government affairs professionals and other stakeholders on these issues.
Prior to her work in the Office of the Governor, Nicole served as a deputy attorney general at the New Jersey Division of Law, Employment Counseling and Labor section. In that capacity, she acted as primary counsel, representing state agencies and colleges and universities in disputes involving contractual grievances, unfair labor practices, employment compliance, major disciplines, and wage and hour compliance.
After graduating from law school, Nicole served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jose L. Fuentes, Presiding Judge for the Superior Court, Appellate Division and then to the Honorable Mary Catherine Cuff, while she was temporarily assigned to the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Honors & Awards
- Awarded First Place and Runner-Up Best Oral Advocate in the 2010 Eugene Gressman Moot Court Competition
- Awarded Quarterfinalist and Best Respondent’s Brief in the 2011 Fordham University School of Law, Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Competition
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, New Jersey Board of Dentistry
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Labor & Employment
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey