TEL: (973) 239-5700 | FAX: (973) 239-3400 | firstname.lastname@example.org PDF | VCARD
Ms. Studwell is an experienced commercial litigation attorney who has been in practice for over thirty years. Her specialties include employment law, partnership/shareholder disputes, professional liability, healthcare and insurance coverage claims.
Ms. Studwell’s clients have ranged from Fortune 500 companies to closely-held businesses, as well as individuals. She has been responsible for all facets of high-stakes litigation, including first-chair trial experience, motion practice, and appeals.
Ms. Studwell is a graduate of New York Law School, where she was awarded Best Brief in the Charles W. Froessel Moot Court Competition, and the Vincent Lo Lordo Award for Excellence in Criminal Justice. She obtained a B.S. in biology with a minor in chemistry at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Ms. Studwell is a member of the New Jersey and New York Bars, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits.
- Prevailing at the conclusion of a recent three-week jury trial in a significant “whistleblower” case on behalf of a former shareholder of one of the largest law firms in New Jersey, resulting in a $1.5 million jury verdict, then settling the case at mediation, thus avoiding a protracted appeal.
- Obtaining an injunction on behalf of the Medical Staff of a major Ocean County hospital against the largest healthcare organization in the State, preventing the implementation of bylaws which the Staff believed to be detrimental to proper patient care.
- Selected as outside counsel to a corporation after its recent spinoff from a large national consulting firm to advise on all aspects of its business, including transition issues, employment matters, vendor and service contracts, and multiple other business transactions.
- Successfully litigating emergent actions on behalf of employers in which injunctions enforcing restrictive covenants and preventing unfair competition were granted.
- Prevailing at the conclusion of a bench trial in a contentious medical practice shareholder dispute, resulting in the partial striking down of an onerous restrictive covenant.
- Obtaining a seven-figure damages award at the conclusion of trial in a significant professional liability matter on behalf of a corporate client against an environmental consulting and engineering firm.
- Obtaining a reversal from the Appellate Division in a professional liability suit arising from a failed commercial real estate transaction in favor of a large building supply company.
- Successfully defended attorney in jury trial alleging legal malpractice as a result of conflicts of interest in commercial lending transactions and construction projects. Legal malpractice claims dismissed and settled for de minimis value.
Insurance & Reinsurance
Labor & Employment
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York Law School (J.D.)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (B.S.)