Jeffrey Maziarz is an experienced litigator, whose practice concentrates in a variety of complex areas, including premises liability; construction site accidents; trucking and transportation; liquor liability; wrongful death claims; products liability; commercial litigation and general liability matters. Jeff has argued in the New Jersey Appellate Court numerous times as well as before the New Jersey Supreme Court in Caballero v. Martinez, 186 N.J. 548 (2006). Jeff’s experience also includes handling complex matters in alternative dispute resolution forums through mediation and arbitration.
Jeff graduated cum laude from Rutgers University School of Law - Camden in 2001. He is a member of several professional organizations. He has given CLE-accredited seminars for the Middlesex County Bar Association and the New Jersey Defense Association on wide range of issues including liquor liability, transportation law and defense litigation techniques. Jeff is an AV Preeminent® rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell®. This designation is awarded only to attorneys who demonstrate the highest level of professional excellence in general ethical standards and legal ability by their peers in their field of practice.
Prior to joining O’Toole Scrivo, Jeff was a partner at Hoagland, Longo in New Brunswick, New Jersey, where his practice was devoted exclusively to representing defendants in civil litigation. From 2001 to 2002, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Amy P. Chambers, Presiding Judge of the Superior Court, in Middlesex County.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Chairperson, Premises Liability Practice Committee of the New Jersey Defense Association
- Past President, New Brunswick Bar Association
- Past Member, Fraud Committee, Insurance Council of New Jersey
Insurance & Reinsurance
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Rutgers University, Camden School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- The College of New Jersey (B.A. 1996)