Partner & General Counsel
TEL: (973) 239-5700 | FAX: (973) 239-3400 | email@example.com PDF | VCARD
James DiGiulio is a Partner in and General Counsel of O’Toole Scrivo.
Mr. DiGiulio represents corporations and individuals in high stakes matters in federal and state court, focusing on complex commercial, health care, corporate governance, and professional liability litigation.
As General Counsel, Mr. DiGiulio provides risk management and ethics guidance to the Firm’s attorneys and oversees general liability issues. He also utilizes this experience to defend attorneys and law firms against all manner of claims.
Mr. DiGiulio most recently served as Chief Counsel to Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey. As Chief Counsel, Mr. DiGiulio was responsible for leading the Governor’s legislative initiatives, supervising gubernatorial appointments, and managing all of New Jersey’s authorities.
Mr. DiGiulio previously served as Senior Counsel to Governor Christie. In that capacity, he advised the Governor on various legal, legislative, and regulatory issues, most prominently in the areas of health care, economic development, taxation, banking and insurance.
Prior to joining the Office of the Governor, Mr. DiGiulio was a litigation attorney at McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP, an Am Law200 firm.
Mr. DiGiulio received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Loyola University in Maryland, earned his Juris Doctorate degree, high honors, from Rutgers Law School, and received his Masters of Law (LL.M.) in Corporate and Securities Law, with merit, from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Honors & Awards
- Named one of New Jersey's "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chairman, Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital Board of Trustees
- Trustee, Essex County Bar Association
- Member, NJ State Bar Association Legislative Committee
Fiduciaries & Court-Appointments
Law Firm Defense
White Collar Defense and Investigations
Trusts and Estates
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M. 2011, with merit)
- Rutgers Law School (J.D. 2006, high honors)
- Loyola University in Maryland (B.A. 2003)