Mr. Trif has a diverse practice in the area of complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction disputes. He regularly prosecutes and defends claims in various federal and state courts, as well as arbitration tribunals. He also concentrates in the area of labor disputes and negotiations, public procurement, bid protests, negotiation of change orders and equitable adjustment claims. Representative clients include private owners, general contractors, subcontractors, utility and heavy highway contractors, renewable energy firms and manufacturers of building products.
Mr. Trif also advises clients in the review, negotiation and drafting of construction contracts, as well providing guidance and counsel in project dispute resolution and project crisis management.
In addition to construction litigation, Mr. Trif has a wide range of experience in bankruptcy matters, complex commercial litigation and business torts, such as trade secret disputes and claims for interfering with contractual relationships and prospective business advantages.
Mr. Trif is admitted to the bars of the States of New York and New Jersey, along with the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of New York.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2013-2017)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Morris County Bar Association, Co-Chair Construction and Surety Law Committee
- “The Effects of A Bankruptcy on Property Concurrently Owned by a Debtor and Non-Debtor”, Fidelity & Surety Law Committee, a division of the American Bar Association’s Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (Spring 2012)
Labor & Employment
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Rutgers University School of Law (J.D. 2006)
- Drew University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2003)