TEL: (973) 239-5700 | FAX: (973) 239-3400 | firstname.lastname@example.org PDF | VCARD
Erdal Turnacioglu has represented clients in the areas of general liability, employment, healthcare. medical malpractice, and professional liability. Erdal has defended employment matters from inception to final disposition based on claims under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, and related state and local laws in New York and New Jersey. This includes appearances in federal court, state court, and administrative bodies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, and the New York State Division of Human Rights. Erdal has conducted depositions, arbitrations, court-mandated and private mediations, and settlement conferences before federal judges.
- Erdal was successful in dismissing a claim against a major North Jersey hospital brought by a former employee who alleged that the hospital failed to pay wages while she was on military leave.
- Erdal obtained a dismissal of a claim brought against a dental group by a former employee in New Jersey’s Department of Labor & Workforce Development.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2015 – 2017)*
* No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.
- New Jersey endoscopy group on HIPAA compliance, specifically on Protected Health Information, the Privacy Rule, and the Security Rule (July 2016).
- CLE program, “Developing a Personal Brand,” discussing how attorneys can leverage social media to enhance their marketing skills (March 2016).
- Article discussion, “Facebook Notification: You’ve Been Served!” to the Legal Talk Network’s “Paralegal Voice” (January 2016).
- The Legal and Operational Guide for Free Medical Clinics, published September 2015 – co-author on section pertaining to ADA compliance for free medical clinics regarding accommodations for disabled patients, specifically on physical and speech barriers.
- “Facebook Notification: You’ve Been Served!” ABA Law Practice Today, November 2015.
Labor & Employment
Toxic and Mass Tort
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York Law School (J.D. 2006)
- Rutgers College (B.A. 2002)