Ms. Mejia focuses her litigation practice in the areas of complex litigation, general liability defense, toxic torts, and employment law.
Ms. Mejia received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Saint Peter's University and her Juris Doctor degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. During law school, Ms. Mejia was President of the St. Thomas More Society and participated in the Seton Hall Law Center for Social Justice, Civil Litigation and Practice Clinic. Before joining O'Toole Scrivo, Ms. Mejia served as a law clerk to the Hon. Martin G. Cronin, J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Criminal Part. Ms. Mejia also served as a Board Trustee to the West New York Board of Education, and as a Board Member to the West New York Planning Board. In her capacity in the employment law context, Ms. Mejia performs departmental hearings and performs investigations as to employment disputes and sexual harassment allegations.
Ms. Mejia is fluent in Spanish.
Honors & Awards
- William Garland Book Scholarship, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey Scholarship
- Spirit Award Recipient for West New York International Women’s Day
Memberships & Affiliations
- Essex County Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- West New York Board of Education, Former Elected Board Member
- West New York Planning Board, Former Appointed Board Member
Insurance & Reinsurance
Labor & Employment
Toxic and Mass Tort
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Saint Peter's University (B.A. in Criminal Justice, 2012)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D. 2016)