Mr. Chamra's practice focuses on mass tort and general liability matters. He represents a variety of entities and individuals in defending complex claims with potentially high exposures. Mr. Chamra is actively involved in the asbestos litigations of New York and New Jersey. In addition to managing the defense of thousands of cases pending in the Tri-state’s Mass Tort dockets, Mr. Chamra personally handles hundreds of cases from inception, through discovery, motion practice, and trial. He has acted as national coordination counsel, implementing nationwide defense strategies, and developed litigation strategy for a multinational, Fortune 100 company, also serving as a trial chair.
Mr. Chamra takes great pride in being on top of all developments in high-action litigations with constantly shifting strategies, procedures, and players. Following law school, Mr. Chamra served as a law clerk to the Honorable Patricia Del Bueno Cleary in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth County.
- Negotiated dismissals with plaintiffs’ counsel in mass tort dockets of multiple states, including NYCAL, resulting in significant decrease in potential exposure for client.
- Achieved multimillion-dollar bench trial verdict in breach of contract and bi-state judgment enforcement dispute.
- Effectively tendered defense and indemnity in multiple cases away from a recurring defendant in mass tort litigations, including NYCAL, resulting in multimillion-dollar cost savings for client and its insurers.
- Negotiated dismissal on behalf of renowned property developer in a multimillion-dollar construction defect action.
- Extracted client from suit in NYCAL based on New York's well-settled principle that an injured party has no direct cause of action against the insurer of a tortfeasor.
- Achieved dismissal in NYCAL on behalf of foreign-based client with aggressive, early pursuit of a lack of personal jurisdiction argument.
- Negotiated dismissal based on lack of successor liability, halting additional suits in high-profile mass tort litigation.
- Coordinated favorable resolution of catastrophic injury claim involving a pedestrian crushed by a collapsing parapet wall.
- Achieved summary judgment in favor of a contractor, dismissing New York’s strict liability, labor law claims against it.
- Assisted in achieving early, favorable resolution on behalf of property owner in a horrific dismemberment accident.
Insurance & Reinsurance
Labor & Employment
Toxic and Mass Tort
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Widener School of Law (J.D. 2009)
- Rutgers College, the State University of New Jersey (B.A. 2006)